Custom language packs for MOSS

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 3, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Hello,
On my current project, I need to support languages for which MOSS language packs doesn't exist. I need to support Bosnian and Serbian(Cyrillic). I need to create custom language packs for MOSS. Can you outline that process for me? (besides translating resx files, I know how to do that... I need installer so that it looks like "real" language pack)
Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2008 at 5:35 PM
There is especial tools, inside Microsoft, for creating a language pack, we don't have access to that tools, so I am not able to help you how to create an standard language pack, but some companies here at Tehran, they created kind of tools to create a language pack for local use, as you know Persian is not supported by Microsoft also, but unfortunately, that tools are not free, it's a commercial products.

I'm just sharing source codes here, to prevent parallel work of translating resource files, it's very important to have unique translation for any language, there is some terminologies published by Microsoft, and I'm not sure if it is available for Cyrillic or Not ? but there isn't good enough for Persian, so we are working to create a terminology glossary for it, so when ever we can that internal tools of Microsoft, then we are able to release an standard language pack.

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Were you involved into that? What are those tools and which companies are producing them? How much are those tools priced?